Small Changes For Financial Success
Just about everyone likes to buy and own new and nice things. We live in a consumer based economy were there is a constant bombardment and pressure to purchase and own the latest and greatest products. Again the key for achieving your financial goals is to look to the long term and make minor adjustments to your immediate purchasing habits.
Here are some tips to consider:
- Procrastinate purchases. If there is something that you really want it is ok to buy it. Just delay that purchase for a while and you will be more excited when you do actually buy it and will have not bough other things in the mean time.
- If you feel the need to go shopping or buy something consider buying something that will improve your health such as some good food or vitamins, skin care products or sports equipment.
- When you go shopping with friends take out a set amount of cash and leave your credit and debit cards at home. This forces you to shop within a budget
- Print out and pin up the balance of your savings account. This will help you take pride in how much you have saved and help you grow that number.
- Put a picture of your dream house or summer home in your wallet. Every time you go to spend money you will see that picture and it will spark the consideration of do you need what you are about to buy and how does it impact your long term financial goals.